NVivo is a qualitative data analysis (QDA) software package that allows users to import, sort and analyse rich text and plain text documents, audio files, PDFs, spreadsheets, databases, bibliographical data, digital photos, web pages and social media data.
Monash University provides free download of this software to students and staff.
NVivo can be used to organise and write literature reviews:
- Import references from EndNote
- Organise and classify the literature by source types
- Include print sources
- Code the literature for major themes
- Do text and coding queries to explore themes
- Create visuals to see connections in the literature.
See below for training options:
NVivo for your literature review (La Trobe Uni 43 min)
Using NVivo and EndNote For Literature Reviews manual (Flinders Uni)