includes (list not exhaustive):
- CINAHL Plus
- Business Source Complete
- Art and Architecture Complete
- Communication and Mass Media Complete
- Historical Abstracts
- Music Index
Direct export (preferred method)
- In the Results page select records to export to EndNote by clicking the relevant folder icons, or when viewing a record, click the Add to folder link.
- When you have finished selecting, click the Folder link at the top right of the screen. The set of chosen records is displayed. Click in the Select..all box.
- Click Export. The Export Manager page displays. Ensure that Direct Export in RIS format.. is selected, then click Save. EndNote is activated, and the records appear in your library. (If, instead, an RIS file is created, click the file to activate EndNote, or, if a Select a Reference Library box appears, select the filename of your EndNote library, then click Open.)
Import via filter file (if EndNote is not accessible when searching Ebsco)
- Proceed as per Steps 1 and 2 in the Direct Export instructions(above).
- Click Export, the Export Manager page displays.
- Select Generic bibliographic management software then click Save
- The selected records are displayed. File > Save As... as a text file eg default file name (EBSCOhost.txt )
- Open EndNote and select library, File > Open
- From the menu bar, select File > Import > File, an Import File box opens
- Import File: Click Choose and select file, eg EBSCOhost.txt, then click Open
- Import Option: pull down menu and select Other Filters.... Locate the relevant filter, eg CINAHL Plus (Ebsco), Bus Source Elite (EBSCO) or EconLit (EBSCO). Highlight the filter name, then click Choose. Note: if the Filter does not appear in the list you must locate the filter and save it to your EndNote program (See 'Filter and connection files' tab above).
- Duplicates: Select an appropriate option from pull down menu
- Text Translation: leave option as No Translation
- Click Import. The records should import and display in a separate window.
- From the EndNote toolbar select Tools > Online Search. In the Choose a connection box select the relevant file, eg CINAHL Plus (EBSCO), Bus Source Comp (EBSCO) or EconLit (EBSCO). Click Choose. The Remote password box appears. Click OK (ID and password are not required).
- Perform a search in the Search Panel. When the search is finished a Confirm Online Search textbox opens showing the number of results. Click OK.
- References are automatically transferred into your EndNote library and appear in a folder in the left column under Online Search, where you may delete any duplicate or unneeded records.