Do I need to register?
No, eligible users are updated into our document delivery system automatically. However there may be some exceptions, e.g. some undergraduates completing an honours program or intermittent uploading problems. If you believe you are eligible but unable to access the form, contact Document Delivery or your contact librarian
I need the document or loan in a few days. Can I request for more urgent delivery?
Yes, but delivery by your need by date will depend on availability and supplier. If you do require urgently and/or sooner than the usual turnaround times
, you need to alert Document Delivery.
- Indicate urgency in the Notes field of the request
- Contact Document Delivery citing your request number once you have submitted.
- Tip: From My Requests -Open requests, select the request number and click Message.
Note: students may be asked to obtain supervisor or contact librarian approval if additional charges apply.
What does ‘Email post to web’ mean?
This is the most reliable method to access a document. It will be available to download and/or print from the server for a limited period (14 days or access up to 5 times). It will then be removed from the server.
Can I request the loan to be posted to my home address?
No – you will have to nominate to pick up at the most convenient branch library UNLESS:
- You are a registered offcampus student (select offcampus as Pickup location).
- You are a staff member at a offcampus location (select offcampus as Pickup location).
- It is an exceptional case with prior arrangement with Document Delivery staff.
I’ve submitted the request – what happens next?
The email address displayed in the request form in 'Contact Method' will be used to:
- Confirm receipt of the request and also to send related messages about the request.
- Deliver digitised documents according to your request either:
- Email Post to Web or
- Email (attached file).
See Tracking your request