This is the sixth report in the Overcoming Indigenous Disadvantage (OID) series. The OID report serves as a public report card on progress in overcoming Indigenous disadvantage. .
Knowledge Exchange is the term the Lowitja Institute uses to describe the complex series of interactions between their researchers and the users of their research that will lead to better outcomes in the health of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Manamidh mirrambiina ngangalinga (Welcome)
Australian Indigenous Studies is taught at the Clayton campus.The historical, social and political aspects of Australian Indigenous societies are studied including current Indigenous issues and debates on matters of national importance such as land rights and reconciliation, and the historical and contemporary relationships between Indigenous Australians and the wider society
Depending on your topic you may also need to refer to resources in these related pages.
Librarians can help you with:
- how and where to start researching your topic
- effective use of databases and the internet
- finding and evaluating information
- using the Library's collections
Search Help: how to find library resources
Learning skills help
Learning skills advisers assist students in improving their academic language and approaches to learning, including:
- academic English
- study methods and exam preparation
- effective listening and note-taking
- problem-solving and critical thinking
- reading strategies
- essay, report and thesis writing
- writing for research projects
- oral communication and presentation
Learning skills advisers:
- Lynette Pretorius(Matheson Library)
A traditional map
Lake Condah Possum Skin Cloak, before 1872, (image courtesy of Museum Victoria, Indigenous collection)
Arts Research and Learning Skills
Arts Research and learning skills Moodle site
Register to access a huge range of tutorials on Essay writing skills, presentation skills, time management , Information research skills and more
More useful links
- New Monash Inititiative- Monash Reconciliation Action Plan
- Library Academic Integrity Modules
- Quick study guides
- Monash Indigenous Student services
- Yulendj Indigenous engagement Unit
- Monash Indigenous Centre (MIC)
- MIC Library Catalogue
- Informit Indigenous Studies Databases
- Anthropology Databases
The Library has more than you think!
The Library has much more than study books eg the Music and Multimedia collection has items relevant to your course - documentaries, films and music. The database TVNews has TV Broadcasts of all key news and current affairs programs.
Informit Edu TV provides access to 10,000 programs; includes searchable database ofdocumentaries, drama, series and more, from broadcast and pay TV; Archive of programs from 2006 - with up to 80 new programs added weekly; programs classified by subject areas; Clip creation and sharing functional
The Library is your portal to the information multiverse.