The library has a large collection of material for Italian studies in both the English and Italian languages. Printed material is kept in the Matheson Library General collection as well as in other branch libraries. Videos, microforms and music CDs are kept in the Matheson Library Music and Multimedia Collection. Older material is kept in the Rare Books Collection.
People to talk with
- Dr Aline Scott-Maxwell (Matheson Library)
- Janet McGarry (Caulfield Library)
- Marion Slawson (Gippsland Library)
- Richard Overell (Rare books)
- more contact librarians for Arts
Learning skills advisors (English language only):
The Library has more than you think!
Remember the Library has much more than study books. For example, the Music and Multimedia Collection has many items relevant to your course (such as documentaries), but also films and music you can take home and relax with.
The Library also has a large collection of recreational reading; novels, short stories, etc.
The Library is your portal to the information multiverse. Indeed, if the Library does not have it, then we will find it for you.
- Dictionary English-Italian
- Dizionario dei sinonimi e contari (Thesaurus)
- Il Gioranale - Italy
- Italian Media in Australia (ACIS)
- SBS - Italiano
- European Commission
- Monash European and EU Centre
- Monash Italian studies
- Monash Prato
- Monash School of Languages, Cultures and Linguistics
- Spunti e ricerche : rivista d'italianistica
Other Libraries and Archives