Useful Library Links
This guide will introduce you to Behavioural Studies resources at Monash University Library.
These resources include the relationships between the individual and the social; human relationships; theories of personality, identity, self and others; explanations of criminal behaviours; individual development across the lifecourse; conflict and difference; the self in digital environments.
Librarians and Learning skills advisers
Librarians can help you with:
- how and where to start researching your topic
- effective use of databases and the internet
- finding and evaluating information
- using the Library's collections
Learning skills advisers assist students in improving their academic language and approaches to learning, including:
- academic English
- study methods and exam preparation
- effective listening and note-taking
- problem-solving and critical thinking
- reading strategies
- essay, report and thesis writing
- writing for research projects
- oral communication and presentation
New Skill Development Resource - HAVE A LOOK!
Lynda.com is a constantly growing library of more than 1400 courses and instructional 82,000 videos in streaming video format. Subjects covered range from 3D + Animation; Audio; Business including Office and Google software; Design; Developer; Photography and Video; and Web and social media. Videos use screenshots, narration, live action, smart boards, charts and graphics, audio and include captioning.
Note: You will need to register with your monash university email address