You may wish to use the EndNote user folders when:
- you would like to download a suggested connection or filter file
- use your own style file when working with your Endnote library and Word document
- you may have your own files either on your memory stick (removable drive) or on your Monash network drive
Steps to begin using the user folder:
- Read this article to help you understand the setup of user folders in EndNote. (With due acknowledgement to the University of South Australia)
- On a Monash computer, the EndNote user folder can be located by going to:
Libraries > Documents > Documents > EndNote
- Make a copy of your own connection, filter or style files and put them in the corresponding Connections, Filters or Styles subfolders.
Note: You may need to manually create these folders if they don't already exist.
- Anything saved in these locations will be available to you on any computer when you log in on campus the next time.
If you wish to keep using the files you have saved in the user folders, repeat the steps above on your own computers.
For more information about using customised files, read: