Suggested databases for Health Sciences include:
- Key medical database covering medicine, nursing, allied health and pre clinical sciences
- Covers nursing, health sciences, consumer health and allied health disciplines
- Excellent source of Australasian health and medicine content, including therapeutic, diagnostic and preventative health
- Coverage of all major clinical and healthcare disciplines
- Covers psychological, social, behavioral and health sciences
- Covers the scientific, technical, medical and social sciences
- Consists of seven databases covering the sciences, humanities and social sciences
- Database available via the Ovid interface useful for searching systematic reviews
- Produced by the international Cochrane Collaboration, the Cochrane Library includes the Cochrane database of systematic reviews
- The PLoS Hub for Clinical Trials features articles originally published in PLoS Clinical Trials, along with articles from all the PLoS titles that publish clinical trials.
-a decision-support tool for use at the point of care. Covers prevention, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis.
Access high quality, evidence-based clinical practice guidelines developed for use in Australian health care settings.
Once you have completed your search in a database, you can set up alerts to receive an email on a regular basis (eg. weekly/monthly) with a list of new articles that match your search query.
You generally need to set up a free personal account in each relevant database - look for an ‘Alert’ or ‘Create Alert’ link on the search results screen or main search page.