Go to Google Scholar
Set up a Profile (private or public)
- To find and track citations set up a profile by clicking For help, see this Slideshare presentation from University of Cape Town.
OR use Advanced Scholar Search to search for your publications.
- Go to Advanced Scholar Search (Click the drop down arrow on the search box)
- Search for your name in the authored by field. You may also need to add in some other keywords.
- At the results for your publications, click the link to Cited by
Link to full-text in Monash subscribed databases
- To link to full-text versions in subscribed databases or link to the Monash catalogue, click Check for full-text.
- Make sure that you have selected your affiliation to Monash University Library in the Libary Links setting
Set up Alerts
- To receive alerts for new entries under your name, click
- The profile set up in in Google Scholar Citations will provide analysis and graphs for your citations, including a version of the h-index.
- Metrics, such as the h-index, are automatically calculated for particular journals using Google Scholar Metrics. Open the Social Sciences category, chhose a subcategory such as Law or International Law, to view the h-index for the included journals. This will show which journals have been most cited.