Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
How the library can support your research
If you are a postgraduate student, the Library offers a specialised range of of services to help you find, use and manage information more effectively:
Information Research Skills
- Librarians can help you to create an effective search strategy for researching your topic and advise you on the best techniques for searching online databases and other sources.
- The Library has extensive print and online resources. Staff and research students also have access to the Document Delivery service through which you can request material not available at Monash.
- You are encouraged to recommend material to add to the Library’s collection to support your research. Discuss this with your subject librarian.
- The Library and Monash e-Research Centre are available to help manage your research data more effectively. Find out more online.
- Learning how to use EndNote bibliographic software may save you time by making it easy for you to store, find and cite your references. Contact your subject librarian about training and support in the use of EndNote.
- Learning skills advisers can provide assistance regarding the processes of preparing and writing a thesis. Contact your adviser to make an appointment.
- See also the Graduate Research and Writing website to access a wealth of useful online resources, including information to help you write the thesis.
Further support for research
Free bibliographic database software for managing citations and associated files for Monash University students and staff. It integrates with common word processors. Windows and Mac versions available