EndNote is available to Monash staff and students via the links below. If these links do not open try changing your browser. Before proceeding with installation, please read the notes on this page.
For any technical issues when installing EndNote, contact Monash University eSolutions Service Desk
1. When asked to choose between a Typical or Custom installation, choose Typical.
2. You will be invited to sign up to EndNote Online. This is not necessary to use the main (desktop) version of EndNote. EndNote Online can be added at a later time if required.
3. After installation check for any updates and install them- Help > Check for updates.
4. If upgrading from a previous version of EndNote (e.g. X9 to 20) first backup your library (and any customised styles, import filters and connection files) and uninstall the previous version. If you are upgrading to EndNote 20, the short video, What's new in EndNote 20 gives an overview. Note: If you are about to complete a thesis you may prefer not to upgrade, and continue with your current version of EndNote (e.g. X9).
5. Mac users: EndNote is best used with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Security settings in Safari can prevent direct export from databases.