EndNote is available to Monash staff and students via the links below. NB. change browser if the page does not open. Before proceeding read the notes on this page.
For any technical issues when installing EndNote, contact Monash University eSolutions Service Desk
1. When asked to choose between a Typical or Custom installation, choose Typical.
2. You will be invited to sign up to EndNote Online. This is not necessary to use the main (desktop) version of EndNote. EndNote Online can be added at a later time if required.
3. After installation check for any updates and install them- Help > Check for updates.
4. If upgrading from a previous version of EndNote (e.g. X9 to 20) first backup your library (and any customised style, import filters and connection files) and uninstall the previous version. If you are upgrading to EndNote 20, the short video, What's new in EndNote 20 gives an overview. N.B. If you are about to complete a thesis you may prefer not to upgrade, and continue with your current version of EndNote (e.g. X9).
5. Mac users: EndNote is best used with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Security settings in Safari can prevent direct export from databases.
6. For those using the Vancouver referencing style: Prior to adding entries to your library, the relevant journal terms list needs to set after EndNote has been installed. For details see Generate full or abbreviated journal names.
We acknowledge and pay respects to the Elders and Traditional Owners of the land on which our four Australian campuses stand. Information for Indigenous Australians