The ‘Panopto Embed Tool’ icon is the function you use to record, insert or upload video content within Moodle. Students can use this tool to submit videos to the assignment folder.
1. Click the Add submission button to bring up the online text editor page.
2. Click on the Panopto icon
3. Choose the correct folder to submit your assignment to. Note: this is usually a subfolder of the unit folder with the word “[assignments]” at the end e.g. AGP5154 [assignments].
4. A dialog box will appear, that will allow you to either:
5. Click Insert.
6. Click Save Changes.
7. There should now be a Last modified date and the file(s) uploaded will also be displayed.
8. Depending on how the assignment is setup, the status will either read Submitted for grading - in which case no further action is need, or Draft (not submitted).
9. If changes are required, click on Edit my submission.
10. Once ready to submit, click Submit assignment.
11. Your lecturer may require you to agree to a submission statement before the submission process is finalised. To agree to the student statement, check the tick box and click Continue.
12. Note once the assignment is 'submitted' no further changes are allowed.
Note: Panopto will use the file name as the session name, but you can rename this while the content is uploading.
1. Click the Record tab in the pop up window.
2. Type the title of your video and click the 'Record' button.
Note: If you do not have the Panopto software installed, please click the download link on the dialog box.
3. The Panopto software will be launched. Click "Sign in with Monash Okta" and enter your Monash username and password.
4. Make sure that the folder selected is your assignment folder for the unit you're submitting to.
5. Select your Primary Sources. Use:
You must have at least an audio input in order for the recording to be complete and usable without additional recordings.
Note: In the Video field, you can select None, if you do not want to record yourself.
6. You can choose to also capture what is displayed. Select your Secondary Sources.
After you have selected your video and audio inputs, you can choose to also capture what is displayed on your screen and/or PowerPoint presentation.
You can also add an additional video source here if you have more than one camera/monitor plugged into your computer.
Note: In order to properly record PowerPoint presentations, after you have launched PowerPoint, you must have it in full screen presentation mode.
To adjust screen capture resolution, click the drop down menu to the right of Resolution and choose the resolution you desire. You can also adjust the bit and frame rate per second by dragging the sliders shown below. Click Apply to save changes.
To begin recording, click the red RECORD icon (or F8). Once your recording has started, the icon will change into PAUSE (or F9) and STOP (or F10).
To stop the recording and close it, click the STOP icon. If you had picked a folder before you started, it will then begin to upload the recording to the folder you had chosen.
To pause the recording, click the PAUSE button. Even though you've paused your video, it will continue to record, but will not show up in the final version on the website.
Note: If you forgot to un-pause and didn't get the end of your recording, you can still access the full recording.
After you’ve recorded your video a dialog box Recording Complete appears. Click Upload. Panopto will then process your video - this might take some time.
Go back to your Moodle page in your browser and click Insert when you’re done and the recording will be published.
We acknowledge and pay respects to the Elders and Traditional Owners of the land on which our four Australian campuses stand. Information for Indigenous Australians