In pairs/small groups, have a look at the example information sources (Click on the sources for more details):
• What type of sources are they? -Hint: Choose from the followings: Book/Encyclopedia; Conference paper; Website; Academic article; Trade/Magazine article; Commercial report
• Do you think it is a primary, secondary, or tertiary resource, or something else?
• Do you think it would be considered a piece of research?
• Can you evaluate it using the 5Ws?
• What might you use this kind of source for?
In pairs/small groups, have a look at Monash Library Search.
If you have time, check the following platforms that contain introductory resources such as encyclopedias, handbooks, and textbooks
In pairs/small groups, using the database Scopus (a specialised platform that searches peer-reviewed research), find the following article:
Slorach PC, Jeswani HK, Cuéllar-Franca R and Azapagic A (2019) ‘Environmental sustainability of anaerobic digestion of household food waste’. Journal of environmental management, 236, 798–814, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvman.2019.02.001
We acknowledge and pay respects to the Elders and Traditional Owners of the land on which our four Australian campuses stand. Information for Indigenous Australians