Altmetrics is a tool that gives you alternative metrics about your research papers. It assesses where your research has been referenced in alternative channels such as the media, blogs and on social media.
Using Altmetrics complements traditional metrics by allowing you to measure your research impact based on online activity such as:
- Social media
- Downloads, clicks or views
- Saves, bookmarks, favourites, likes or upvotes
- Reviews, comments, ratings, or recommendations
- Adaptations or derivative works
- Readers, subscribers, watchers, or followers
Using this guide
Our guide will help you to:
Get help from a librarian when you need support beyond what you can find in this guide. Bookings are available for students, educators, and researchers.
Get help from the Altmetric support portal and user guide.