Architecture: Journals

Introductory guide to print and electronic resources for Architecture and Interior Architecture students.

What is a journal?

Journals allow researchers and scholars to report findings and ideas. Theories and ideas circulating in contemporary visual culture will be discussed in journal articles. Journals are ongoing publications (also known as serials, periodicals, magazines or newspapers).

Some journals are peer-reviewed or 'refereed'. Articles in these journals have been evaluated by specialists or experts within academic and / or industry.

Many journals are in electronic format but some are still in print. Browse the shelves at the call numbers 711 - 729, 745, 747 for Architecture and Interior Architecture journals on level 3, Caulfield Library.

Grey Room is an e-journal that brings together scholarly and theoretical articles from the fields of Architecture, Art, Media and Politics

Use Search or eJournals A-Z to find journals

You can find online journals in eJournals A-Z:

You can find both hardcopy and online journals in Search:

Key print journals

Print journals are on level 3 of Caulfield Library.

Staff and postgraduate students may borrow print journals overnight.

Undergraduates can scan journals on the library photocopiers and save to USB or email.