Hargrave Andrew Library
The Hargrave Andrew Library is located in Building 30, Clayton Campus.
Geoscience is the study of the earth and encompasses a range of disciplines including geology, geophysics and geochemistry.
The School of Geosciences is based on the Clayton campus. Library materials are held mainly in the Hargrave-Andrew Library with some related materials held in most branches. Geography materials are held in the Matheson Library. The Map Collection at the Hargrave-Andrew Library includes texts and maps relevant to Geosciences.
Librarians and Learning Skills Advisers
Librarians can help you with:
- how and where to start researching your topic
- effective use of databases and internet resources
- effective search strategies
- finding and evaluating information
- using the Library's collections
Please email your Librarian to make an appointment
Learning skills advisers assist students in improving their academic language and approaches to learning, including:
- academic English
- study methods and exam preparation
- effective listening and note-taking
- problem-solving and critical thinking
- reading strategies
- essay, report and thesis writing
- writing for research projects
- oral communication and presentation
Drop-in sessions with learning skills advisers are offered at all Library branches and run during each semester. No bookings are required for these 10-15 minute consultations, during which you can seek assistance with any aspect of your academic study.