Electronic resources are available to Monash University staff and students and alumni members; see Terms and conditions below.
Staff and student access
On and off campus
- You will need your Monash account to access electronic resources on and off campus.
- Use Library Search or the databases guide as a starting point.
- Read the instructions for each resource carefully. Some resources may offer only limited coverage for off-campus access, while some are only available on campus or from a branch library.
- Some electronic resources can be read on your mobile device. Please follow the vendor instructions for installing apps.
- If you’re using a shared workstation in the Library, close your browser after completion of your session to clear your Monash computer account details.
Authenticating as Monash users
If you've already signed in to my.monash or Moodle on your computer, you're all set for full access to Library's electronic resources.
If you started from Google or your favourite Library resource platform such as Informit or ScienceDirect:
- Find the Sign in or Login button (usually located in the top right corner).
- If it's available, select OpenAthens as your sign in choice.
- Enter monash in the Find your organisation/institution search box and click on Monash University or, select Monash University from a pull-down list.
- Sign in through the Monash sign in page.
Alumni can access electronic resources by:
- visiting the Alumni web page
- signing in after selecting a resource from the alumni databases list.
Please check at the Information point for access to databases. Note that most databases are only available to Monash staff and students.
Your local public library and the State Library of Victoria also offer a wide range of databases and other electronic resources.
Use of data extracted from electronic resources for purposes other than study or research may be forbidden or restricted under the terms of our licenses.